Solari Buildings (West & East)
472 & 470 Jackson Street

The West building (472 Jackson) was built during 1850-1852,using ship masts as interior supporting columns, with the typical Wells Fargo Express office style of architecture: cast iron shutters, brick and timber. It housed the French Consulate from 1865-76.

The East building (470 Jackson) was built in 1852. It has served as the consulate building for France (1861-65), Spain and Chile (1856-57), as well as being a retail establishment.